Thursday 13 July 2017

Back to Iron...Again!

Oh hello stranger! It has been a while. What the fuck happened to you? You come here after 3 years thinking everything will be the same, you fucking weak bastard.

Yep, thats the conversation I have with myself as I logged into this site again. I eased myself into this by posting this on my other blog. But I cant hide from this one any longer. Need to face it. I promise I won't leave, give me another chance. Please!

So like a bitch, I'm back to the iron again, and back to placing regular updates of my progress. This is the last chance I have. If I give up after this, that's it, i'll be a fat bastard or just weak, more than likely both. However, let's remain positive right? Right??!!

Anyways, since my post on artofmanslife, I'm a couple of weeks into my routine. Back on the Stronglifts 5x5. Without resetting to zero completely I decided to start 5 weeks into the program, weight wise. I was fearing even that would be too much and would suffer extreme DOM, but I was sensible. Yes, rare, very rare. I warmed up and down properly, and felt good with the weights. Wasn't too light or heavy. 

Stronglifts app is awesome
So at this moment of writing, Squats are fast approaching 60kg, in a couple of weeks will be doing my body weight. Feel comfortable with the rest. I've also added some accessory exercises; dips, chin-ups, barbell curls, inverted rows. At the moment all bodyweight exercise, trying to do 3 sets of 10 reps. Once I hit that milestone which is amazingly shit that I haven't already, will add weight. I may add close grip bench press, I seriously need to build up tricep strength.

To prove I'm taking this shit seriously, its video time. I filmed myself, yes, fuck you, told you i'm being serious. The main reason was to check my form, and for my friends to laugh at my weakness. Have a look below and for sure, if anyone on this earth is reading this please feel free to comment on how I can improve my form. For me, and my research definitely areas of improvement in everything.

Squats:
On the whole, I think i'm doing great. What I need to do to improve, is keep my head up, chest up, and push on my heels a bit more.




Standing Press:
I always had a feeling my grip was too wide, and after seeing myself, and comparing it to some youtube clips need to narrow the grip a little more. Will be harder but so worth it.

Above wrong, below right. Thanks dude Omar!



Bench Press:
Wrong. All kinds of wrong, has always been my worst one. Elbows are way out, need to push shoulders back, not lock out arms. Hopefully will get this right next time. Will get a better video next time, as couldn't angle right.


Deadlift:
Need to keep legs further apart after seeing some videos on form. Other than that think I'm nearly there.




Pendlay Row:
Seems okay and cannot see anything immediately wrong, but lets see what happens with more weight.




So there you have it. Not perfect by any means, but for me doing these exercises correctly is hugely important for me. Not just for gains but also to avoid injury. The whole reason for getting back into the gym is to get stronger and avoid problems as I get older, not to fuck myself up now!!

As far as diet is concerned, ensuring I get my 3 meals a day, taking one supplement shake a day which is around 500-600 calories. Next month will increase to two shakes. Trying to avoid fizzy drinks. Not going to go crazy, but let's see what happens in a couple of months with this diet as its minimal change.

Next time lets some sexy hairy body pics up!! Let's do this shit!!






No comments:

Post a Comment